Friday, December 17, 2010

Lesson Learned

Prompt: Lesson learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?

Tara Weaver
The Butcher and the Vegetarian
@tea_austen


I learned that sometimes... you just have to start.




And... I don't think I'm going to get my security deposit back for the carpet.  But that's okay; I'm busy creating.


this post a part of Reverb10: Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I want to take on a piece that big! Maybe plastic sheeting for the floor... the couches...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CS, it's been a while since I worked this big- it's a commission/barter. I just realized that my ex took all my big paintbrushes and dropcloths when he moved out last year (that should tell ya' how long it's been!). I've def done the plastic sheeting before; may need to invest in some again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the finished product! Although I'm sure that most of the fun of being an artist is all the messy process in between the start and the finish;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, you're right- I LOVE getting messy:) But it is nice when the end result turns out well!

    Bob, thanks;)

    ReplyDelete