Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Moments, 2010

Prompt: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.
Prompt Author: Patti Digh
Creative is a Verb: If You're Alive, You're Creative
@pattidigh

Okay, gonna' try to go chronologically since that's easiest for me:
-being in the room with my mom when she found out she had cancer            -every single moment I spent swimming with my mom           -going to my first real yoga class       -the moment I learned of the ultimate betrayal from my ex-boyfriend (it not-so-gently removed the blinders for me)             -meeting my son's new half-brother                 -all the walks I went on with my son and all the little projects we worked on together            -walking in the cancer awareness walk with my sisters                -realizing a business could be made if we (my little sis' and me) wanted it to be made            -sweating my ass off at the 4th of July parade, but loving every minute of watching the sweet interactions between my son and my nephew (and then swimming with the boys afterwards)            -all the FlyChicks meetings we had in my sister's pool, with cocktails           -my mom and her husband's wedding/retirement party          -watching my mom get better after chemo                 -seeing my friends in Indianapolis in the fall                -doing Quent's make-up on Halloween        -spending cozy afternoons in front of the fire at my older sister's house            -the excitement before surgery that I was getting  a new and improved hip          -being with my family on Thanksgiving and giving thanks for such a beautiful family (that includes you, dad!)                -signing up for reverb10,  following through, and meeting so many wonderful souls   

    
this post a part of Reverb10: Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Crazy year for you indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories are such a wonderful thing. You've had a lot of beautiful ones this year. Moments pass, but memories last a lifetime (unless you are like me and have to write them down or you loose them like that characer in Hook: "I've lost my marbles...Have you seen my marbles?"

    Great post, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year you've had! So glad you are here, looking back and sharing your memories.

    "Realizing a business could be made if we wanted it to be made" these words ring true to me now. I don't think I knew that before I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww... mom and son projects! I want to put your new hip on my list too :) reverb, yep, I concur - thought this was on mine but I guess it never made it out of my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such an intense year for you! I'm sure it meant to much to your mom for you to be by her side for so much. And I love that your first yoga class made the list;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your comments- some of them make me tear up! I think I'm gonna' add "reading all the comments and feeling heard" to my list;)

    ReplyDelete