Saturday, December 11, 2010

Things I No Longer Need

Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

Prompt Author: Sam Davidson
50 Things Your Life Doesn't Need
@samdavidson

1. Fear
2. Shame (CS, this one's dedicated to you; I'm workin' on a sketch!)
4. Excuses
5. Procrastination
6. Forgiving too easily
7. Not forgiving enough
8. Perfectionism (or, as I like to call myself, a "failed perfectionist" because isn't that how perfectionists roll anyway?  it's never good enough.  hmmm- fuck that. OVER it!)
9. Not listening to my body
11. Sugar   Inaction

this post a part of Reverb10: Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Yay Emily! Every one of these is on my ever-growing list. So hard to keep it to only 11!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on ruling out sugar from your "get rid of list" everyone needs sugar!

    Sometimes acknowledging what you need to get rid of is the hardest part (especially admitting them so publicly as you've done).

    Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your numbers 6 and 7, and I love that they're in that order;-)

    Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can't wait to see your #2, well the sketch of it... umm, so not what I was trying to say ;P

    I'm with Shannon on the sugar (though have you given any thought to gluten) and with Jess on 6 & 7 - the waves keep shifting that line in the sand!

    And for the record, anyone who is even slightly aware that their body, or heart, is trying to tell them something - or who find inspiration in another's human's will to live and thrive - is Wise! So there :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fear. How could I forget about that one. It will stop you in your shoes. I wish you the best of luck in the coming year. I am sure you will be able to remove all of those things from your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon, I could totally come up with more in a heartbeat. ;)

    Shannon C., I've tried before, and I just can't. Can't.

    Jess, it is an ever-evolving process to balance those two. Ugh.

    CS, thank you for your continued support- you are so sweet and funny:)

    Lucrecer, I'm hoping that I can remove them; we'll see!

    ReplyDelete