Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Why Can't I Just Listen?!?

Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

Prompt Author: Victoria Klein
27 Things to Know About Yoga
@victoriaklein

I've come to appreciate my intuition.  I know I've had it my whole life, but I've been learning things "the hard way" for some time now.

At least now when I make a crappy decision that goes against my intuition, I can't be all, "What? Why did that just happen?"

Don't get me wrong- I still make bad decisions (shit, I just made one last week!), but I'm appreciative of being able to hear myself and trust myself.  Now... if I could just listen a little better, that would be aces.  Maybe I'll work on that...

8 comments:

  1. I am the same way! But we can only blam ourselves, like you said. Here's to listening better in 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. blamE- why ddon't they have SPELLCHECK in the comments??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done this very thing, so many times. Specifically I've gotten really bad feelings about people when I first met them, overrode those feelings and then I've gotten hurt by those people.

    Here's to listening in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I'm committed to working on this in 2011, so if you hear me complaining that I shoulda' listened to my intuition, PLEASE call me out on it!

    Chris, that's mostly what I'm talking about. And it's mostly about men I've dated/you know. WTF? Totally going to listen this time. And listen HARD;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tell you what, sugar, every time i argue with my self, i lose. it's as simple as that. simple? hahahahahahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working on that could be what you Manifest in 2011!

    Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I know exactly what you mean. Why don't we listen to ourselves? Maybe we need to talk nicer to us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably because we always need to be right...(even if the other side of the argument is happening with a piece of ourselves)... maybe if we could let go of that...

    ReplyDelete