Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wonder



Prompt: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
Prompt Author: Jeff Davis
The Journey from the Center to the Page

@JeffreyDavis108


Since my illness has slowed me down physically, this year I've decided to stop fighting it and start working with it- trying to find a way to thank the universe for this dis-ease is a place I'd like to be and to figure out. 
While it's not easy to be thankful for something that is so painful, it is the only possible way for me to start moving forward in my life.  So much of the past three years, I've spent in physical and mental limbo.  Maybe I'm ready because the doctors finally found something- some evidence of why my hips click, pop, burn, and ache.  (If you want to read more about that, go here and here).  Maybe I'm ready because I see how positive and full of joy my mom is in the face of a terminal cancer diagnosis, always living each day to the fullest.  Maybe I'm ready because the stars have aligned in some serendipitous way.  Whatever the reason(s), I am ready.



Ready to wonder.  I'm ready to look fear in the face and tell it to stop being the thief of dreams.  I'm ready to live my life, daily, with wonder in my heart, mind, and soul.  Just choosing to make this blog public and stop feeling so ashamed of where I am in life makes the adrenaline start rushing.



I've just reacquainted myself with wonder, and the possibilities are endless.  I'm choosing to dance with it, hold it close in my broken and bruised heart, and to cradle it with grace.  I'm choosing to look at life in a new way; always changing, nothing is static (except for change!).

this post a part of Reverb10: Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment