Monday, January 3, 2011

Gift

Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What's the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?

Prompt Author: Holly Root
Waxman Literary Agency
@hroot

I feel like I've talked a lot about the emotional gifts and lessons I've been blessed with this year so I'm just going to have to go with the tangible ones from my son this time.  He is the best gift giver!  Last Christmas he bought me a cane that has a sword in it- yes, a real sword.  On the outside it just looks like a bamboo cane; but unscrew it, and a sword is hidden inside!  He got it for me because he knows that I don't live in the safest area and often rely on public transportation to get around.

For my birthday, he bought me the softest, comfiest robe and slippers because he knows how I like to roll.  Last year for my birthday, he bought me a really comfy scarf/wrap that has pockets to keep me warm and cozy.  I love that kid;  he is so thoughtful!

this post a part of Reverb10: Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy. I absolutely LOVE that he gave you a cane, AND with a sword. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, he's seriously awesome:)

    ReplyDelete