Thursday, February 3, 2011

Braving the Cold

So I decided, this evening, to brave the cold for a good cause... art supplies.  I needed some more paint to finish a painting, so I layered up, put on my snowboots, and walked about fifty steps from my front door to the new art store that opened last month across the street from me (I know, color me happy!).  I decided to share some pics from my short walk of our recent ice storm.  Thank goodness, most of the snow missed us, while those to the west, east, and north of us got upwards of 20 inches!



my fire escape

okay, though the fire hydrant was my subject, look at that art store in the background- it's like a beacon of light for this girl!



Hope everyone is staying safe and warm!  I am so incredibly grateful to my big sis' for buying me micro-fleece sheets this winter.  If you haven't tried them, please, if you do nothing else before the Spring comes, go buy some.  I want to gift the whole world with a set- they are that good!

4 comments:

  1. I am ABSOLUTELY in love with your first 3 photos! Wow! I could sit and stare at the fire escape one for hours. Wow! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, girl! I know- the fire escape looked so cool with all those icicles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Fire Escape. My fave too. I love that you bundled up to go fifty feet. And I admire your strength that this is the first time you've been in since it arrived ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, girl! It was actually my second time- but that's not bad, considering it's right across the street from me. And bundling up? I am the biggest freak when it comes to cold weather- if it drops below 50F, I put on long johns;)

    ReplyDelete