Monday, February 14, 2011

Sneak Peek at my Heart

The beginning stages of a new print I'm working on.  It just so happened to coincide with Valentine's Day, so I thought I'd share...
(I decided not to do a tutorial for this- I tend to "over-explain" and that would probably be too long and drawn out for this process, so I'll just do little picture updates along the way)

-stained the wood block (birch plywood)
-drew in the highlights with chalk, and the darker areas with a sharpie to guide where I will carve/cut


-carved the outline

I plan on more cutting tonight while I watch some TV which will provide for much needed relaxation after a busy day focusing on inventory, taxes, and frankly many terms I'm still learning about.  But at least I'm going into business with my sister who understands me completely and lets me blog a really embarrassing picture of her while on the phone with our accountant! :):):)  Love you, Hamster!  Couldn't imagine a more perfect V-day than hanging with you and my sweet, sweet nephew! 

Quick story- after we picked up my nephew, who is 2 1/2 yrs old, he was telling me all about his party at daycare, when he stopped mid-sentence, cocked his head, and said "Happy Valentines, Ahmi" (his way of saying Emmi)- completely un-prompted and completely sincere.  I melted right there in the car.

3 comments: