Sunday, February 13, 2011

Strollin' Through my 'Hood

It's such a beautiful day here, so I went for a nice long walk. After weeks of snow and ice on the ground, I decided to bring my camera along to document the big thaw we've got going on here in the StL.  Thought you all might enjoy some photographs of a nice sunny day:












And now... an homage to public park drinking (and no, these are not mine!):





One of these days, I'm going to remember to bring some latex gloves and a plastic bag to pick up some of the garbage.  It's so disheartening to see this, and unfortunately, it's all throughout my neighborhood. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  I'm off to work in my studio now- when the sun starts to set, I often get my best inspiration. 

5 comments:

  1. Great photos- hope you are inspired this Sunday evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Looks like you had a lovely walk. Love 8, 10, 11. I'm sure Cinders will love the heart on the horsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, S- definitely inspired:)

    CS, it was great! I love those little concrete horses- they are so random and so cool- I've got a pic, somewhere, of Q sitting on one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing your neighborhood pixs. it's always interesting seeing where other bloggers live. i've been going to take a plastic bag with me on my moring walks to pick up some of the trash, then maybe recycle into a collage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Cynthia! What a great idea- to take the trash and collage it- I love it:)

    ReplyDelete