Thursday, April 28, 2011

Show Your Mama You Love Her With Original Art

Just as I was recovering from the Earth Day festival, another pretty great opportunity came along.  A beautiful lady (Carla Duncan) I've known for years invited me and my sister to be a part of a Mother's Day Boutique that she runs each year out of her house. She is a great jewelry and fiber artist.  Since I have a ton of prints left over from the festival and Carla lives within walking distance, I thought it would be a great idea to participate.

I will be selling my woodcut prints there, but in addition, the business I started with my sister (she's really the creative "hands" behind the business; i.e. she sews everything and I try to take care of the business end) called FlyChicks will also be selling homemade goods there.  We dropped off our stuff today and will be there tomorrow night and Saturday day.

When we were dropping our things off, we met the lovely and sweet Suzie Tenzer who is a super-talented watercolor artist.  You should definitely visit her new etsy shop!  We will meet another artist tomorrow who is also participating in the event.  Her name is Corinne Groark and she does lots of fun collage journals and even hosts collage parties!  How fun would that be!  Also, Corrine has an etsy shop as well.

If you live in or around St. Louis, MO, consider coming to the boutique!  If you are out of town, visit the websites and etsy shops and surprise your loved one with a unique, hand crafted gift from any one of these wonderful artisans.

6170 McPherson

(in the Skinker DeBaliviere neighborhood, right by Wash. U)
Friday, April 29, 4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, April 30, 10:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.

Hope to see you there!





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is really coming together for you with your art. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VS- Yes, I do have an etsy shop (if you click on "woodcut prints" above, it should take you there)

    S- I'm definitely tryin'! ;)

    ReplyDelete